2021 Vermentino paired with Brussels Sprouts Salad w/ Burrata & Candied Walnuts. Brussels Sprouts, yes or no? If you’re a big yes, then this is the salad for you!
It’s a super simple dish; shaved sprout salad, burrata, candied walnuts, cranberries and a whole lot of yum. Add grilled chicken to create a full main or serve up as a side salad, with a glass of chilled Vermentino on a hot summers day. Bring on summer!
Brussels Sprouts Salad with Burrata & Candied Walnuts
- Chef knives
- Chopping board
- Mixing bowl
- BBQ or grill pan/oven
- Frying pan
- Weighing/measuring utensils
- 500 g brussels sprouts
- 75 g walnuts
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1 burrata
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 chicken breasts
- Add 50ml water and 2 tbsp sugar to a frying pan and once simmering add the walnuts, coat in the sugar syrup and then pour onto a lined baking tray to cool
- Oil and season the chicken breasts and cook on the BBQ @ 180c or in a grill pan/oven for approx. 15 minutes or until internal temp is 74c
- Cut the root from the brussels sprouts and remove any dirty outer layers. Starting at the top of the sprout slice the sprouts finely into circular pieces
- Mix the lemon, mustard & olive oil together with a pinch of salt
- Toss the sliced sprouts, cranberries & walnuts together with ½ of the dressing, taste it and adjust accordingly.
- Add the burrata and sliced grilled chicken
- You can prepare the sprouts in the morning/afternoon for dinner time as long as they are stored in an airtight container in the fridge
- Candied walnuts will keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container so why not make a double batch!
- You can substitute chicken thighs, whole chicken or even serve the salad full vegetarian